Business Income with Extra Expense Coverage is an important part of Commercial Property Insurance, regardless if you are a building owner or tenant.

Picture this scenario:  Your restaurant suffers a devastating kitchen fire.  Fortunately you carry adequate limits for the Building and Business Personal Property, so you can afford to replace those items. But wait, it’s going to take several months to repair the damage. Your business will be shut down the entire time. How will you recover from the financial loss of net income and be able to cover continuing operating expenses including payroll, mortgage payments, etc. until you can re-open?  Business Income is available in a variety of coverages.  If you need to re-locate your restaurant, Extra Expense coverage can be added to cover moving expenses and costs of setting up the new location to accommodate your business.  Business Income with Extra Expense Coverage should be considered on all Commercial Property.